Cybersecurity attacks are on the rise. Crypto-jacking, ransomware, and data breaches were among some of the most distinct threats of 2018, with an estimated 12 billion records expected to have been breached in the past year. From educational institutions to healthcare facilities, many industries currently face the threat of data theft and attack. Any organization must be proactive about their virus detection in order to protect themselves.
The Threat of Viruses Introduced into an Organization’s Workflow
Organizations are made vulnerable to cybersecurity threats through uploaded and transferred media. Not only may an organization become vulnerable if a threat is uploaded, but it could also compromise the users of its platform. Viruses can swiftly propagate throughout an entire organization through managed content services, ultimately leading in costly disruption.
In 2018, the average cost of a cybersecurity breach was $148 per record stolen, with a total cost of $2.2 million for incidents that involved fewer than 10,000 records. This is apart from the cost of business disruption itself, which can amount to millions of dollars per day depending on the organization. An organization can protect itself by preventing viruses from being uploaded into its system altogether. Filestack virus detection can help.
The Advanced Features of Filestack Virus Detection
Filestack offers advanced virus detection as one of the many features of is platform. Through Filestack Workflows, any uploaded content can be analyzed through rigorous virus detection protocols. This content is then returned to the platform where it can be safely used.
Some of the advanced features of Filestack virus detection include:
- Up-to-date virus scanning technology. New viruses are being constantly developed. Many systems become vulnerable because they do not update their virus detection protocols frequently. Filestack is integrated into an organization’s existing applications and is kept up-to-date without intervention of the organization itself, ensuring that it is always able to protect against the newest and most advanced threats.
- Behavioral virus identification. Older virus scanning technologies rely upon definitions to identify viruses, which means they cannot identify viruses that have not been previously seen. Filestack is able to use AI-based virus identification protocols which can identify even never before seen viruses based on their behaviors.
- Quarantine for discovered viruses. Once viruses are uncovered, Filestack is able to quarantine the impacted files so they cannot disrupt the system. Quarantined files can either be automatically deleted after some time or can be restored if they are found to be non-malicious in nature. A quarantine protects a system while providing important information regarding current viruses and vulnerabilities.
- Automated scanning for viruses and inappropriate content. All of the content that is uploaded through Filestack can be automatically scanned for viruses and also inappropriate content, ensuring that the organization is able to achieve a positive and consistent user experience. By scanning all files automatically, Filestack dramatically decreases the chances that inappropriate or malicious content could break through.
- Responsive, scalable infrastructure. Virus scanning can easily require a large amount of resources, especially as the system is required to scale up due to increased traffic. By using Filestack, an organization can avoid devoting its own network’s resources to file scanning; instead, Filestack itself will complete the scans and return files quickly.
Use Cases for Filestack Virus Detection
Filestack virus detection can be integrated into virtually any platform – and that’s important because every business in any industry can be potentially vulnerable to attack. With that in mind, some important use cases for Filestack virus detection include:
- In the EdTech industry. Students and teachers must often upload and share documents with each other; a single compromised document could rapidly spread through a school’s network, hindering productivity and leading to costly repairs.
- In the medical industry. From small clinics to larger medical institutions, those in the medical industry often need to keep and send documents regarding patient care. These documents are highly sensitive and must be protected; a single data breach could have widespread ramifications.
- In the entertainment industry. Content sites and community sites often allow visitors to upload their own content. A content aggregator service or open submission site will need to be able to reliably scan content before it is uploaded and processed.
- In financial services. Internal platforms need to be protected from potentially malicious files uploaded by employees, while also maintaining security and regulatory compliance.
Filestack is a cost-effective, responsive way to improve your organization’s virus detection – but that’s not all. Filestack is a complete content analysis, detection, and transformation suite, designed to easily be integrated into any organization’s platform. Your company will be able to leverage advanced technology to achieve both an improved user experience and better stability and security.
If you’re interested in finding out more about Filestack’s advanced virus detection and content platform, reach out to us at email@example.com to learn more.
Read More →