Table of Contents
The file can be:
- Portfolios or CVs on job sites
- Pictures and Reels on Instagram
- Feature image on a blog post
- Product images on an eCommerce site
- Videos on a YouTube channel etc.
- A preview option to make sure they have chosen the right one. This feature is handy for uploading on the site or app.
- The uploader must support multiple uploads to enable uploading various files simultaneously.
- It must support and accommodates large files without compromising the speed. This feature is convenient for uploading large video files on various sites like YouTube.
- Responsive, cross-browser support lets users upload files conveniently no matter what device they use.
- Drop Uploader plugin allows users easily convert the default file input field in the form of a powerful Drag & Drop area. It supports multiple file uploading, file type validation, and error handling.
- Drag and drop is a must-have feature, making your work effortless. Because you can drag a file from your computer and then drop it on the uploader zone.
- For example, if you want a file from an already open file or your browser’s downloads panel, you can easily drag and drop the file and upload it quickly with a click. This feature will attach the file and preview it. It will save you valuable time and ease as you don’t need to struggle with clicking multiple times and moving across different folders to choose that one file.
- Photo editor SDK & powerful image transformation API give your users an intuitive photo editing experience with its Photo Editor SDK.
- Besides this, modern features such as image editing in the browser are desirable; hence you can edit the photo and optimize their look to suit your app and website design. Additionally, you can perform operations on an image such as transform, filter, editing like crop, rotate, resize, blur, mirror, invert, etc.
- You can transform to any image at any URL, with just a few parameters you wish.
- Adjust and resize images at the moment users upload.
- You can apply batch transform images on S3 or other cloud storage.
- Combine Several Images into One: Transform offers a collage task that takes a group of images and composites them into an automatic collage. The order in which they are provided in your API call defines how the images will be arranged.
- Moreover, modern uploaders provide GIFs options. It’s a great way to showcase the functionality of a product without having to create videos. Set the animate task to build a new GIF with ease with the right images and a few URL parameters.
An efficient file uploader supports file uploading from multiple sources, not just from the users’ device storage or HDD. For this reason, when you choose a file uploader, make sure it has this option. Then you can integrate it with many upload sources such as:
- Remote URLs where you can upload a file by copying a public link and pasting it into the file upload dialog.
- Social media platforms such as Facebook, Instagram, etc.
- Local webcams or computer cameras so that users can take images instantly and upload them straight away.
- Cloud sources like Google Drive, OneDrive, Dropbox, etc.
- Other sources such as Flickr, Evernote, Huddle, etc.
However, it’s essential to have all of them. So, it would help if you looked for a file uploader that supports those sources.
Rising cybersecurity risks are a significant global concern today. Data security and privacy will take into consideration when selecting a file uploader. Because by accepting user-generated content, your website is subjected to potential risks and threats such as malware, data theft, unauthorized access, etc.
- Choose a file uploader platform that can secure your site or app. Here you can consider this:
- Can scan all the files using anti-malware tools to ensure security
- Can use an allowlist of file types to verify the file types; hence a user can upload while rejecting unapproved files.
- Define a maximum and minimum file size limit to mitigate service outages
- You can upload the files to an external directory and store data outside the Webroot. It ensures to safeguard the files from security issues and data loss
- Can maintain compliance with regulations. For example, GDPR , HIPAA , etc., which is applicable in your region or country
- Use SSL certificates for secured data transfers between users’ browsers and the webserver.
A good uploader comes with pre-integrated with cloud-based file storage, purpose-built for high-demand, low-latency file uploading. You can store files to its server or upload files to Amazon S3, Microsoft Azure, Dropbox, Rackspace, or Google Cloud Storage.
Filestack API gives you a standard way of integrating everything without the need to build it all every time you introduce something new. You can get access to 20+ upload integrations in only two lines of code. API preferences like- File API, Processing API, Video and Audio processing API, SDKs, webhooks, and Workflow API makes filestack the top file uploader.
Ready to Start Building Robust File Upload Solutions Using Filestack?
FileStack is the #1 developer service for uploads. Get user content from anywhere and improve file or video uploads with powerful, easy-to-use Filestack. It makes API Uploads, URL ingestion, and iOS/Android device integration fast and easy.
So, what are you waiting for! Head over to Filestack and sign up for free today!
Read More →